Friday, June 29, 2012

Who Asked This Question?

From Lleyton Hewitt's interview, following his 1st round loss on Tuesday, June 26:

Q. You're a veteran. How satisfied are you that the doping policy is working and keeping the sport clean?
LLEYTON HEWITT: I don't know. I don't sit back and dwell on it too much. Yeah, you got to be I guess pretty satisfied. There's a couple things that pop up here and there, but I don't know all the in and outs of all the guys that have been done and come back. So I don't know enough about it.
Probably the most honest response we've seen from a player.

2 comments:

  1. Hewitt lost to Tsonga. Was there a specific reason why the question was asked of Hewitt? I don't hear them asking the top players about doping policy. Unless the journo was told not to ask that question again. It would be nice to know who asked it. I doubt there's a video out there. After all, it was just a first round loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Lopi. It's not like anyone expected Hewitt to beat Tsonga. I know I sure did not.

      Maybe if Hewitt started training in Spain and he purchased the services of a certain Dr. Luis Garcia del Moral then he could mysteriously surge back to number one again.

      Delete