Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Odesnik Transcript (and Video)



Wayne Odesnik's press conference transcript from Wimbledon is now posted. A few excerpts:

Q. How has it been psychologically, given all the developments that happened with the Tony Bosch Clinic and you being linked to that?WAYNE ODESNIK: Yeah, I mean, on all accounts, that's erroneous. None of that's true, so...

...

Q. You said the reports have been erroneous. WAYNE ODESNIK: Yeah, I don't have any connection to it. I mean, any other question you can ask my lawyer. I had a retraction from the paper already. That's it [...] I've never missed an out‑of‑competition test. I've made myself available for all of that. I mean, I've done nothing wrong. I'm as clean as a whistle, so...
Q. What are your thoughts on the sport's testing policies?WAYNE ODESNIK: I mean, I know I've been tested a lot. Again, I've never had a positive test. I know Roger and those guys have said they want stricter policies and more drug testing. I just know for myself I've made myself available for all of that. I know I've been tested a dozen times out of competition.
So, you know, I mean, I don't know what more you guys want from me.
...

Q. I thought this was an ongoing thing where you would continue to supply information. WAYNE ODESNIK: There's no information to supply. A few years ago they‑‑ you know, it's old news, confidential with them. I'm here just trying to do the best that I can.

Q. When was the last time you supplied information about doping?
WAYNE ODESNIK: I don't know where you guys got that from. We've already been through this. I've got no more comments on that. You can refer to my lawyer.

Q. A year ago you said you'd never provide that information.
WAYNE ODESNIK: I have no more comments on that. You can refer to my lawyer.
...

Q. Do you think it's unfair that you have this reputation as a whistle blower when there are a lot of people giving information?WAYNE ODESNIK: Well, you're speculating right now that I gave information. That's not a fact.

Q. It is a fact.
WAYNE ODESNIK: Okay, well, obviously your source is...

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad Wimbledon posts the full pressers unlike Roland Garros.

    Glad to see he's getting pushed by the reporters although I don't know how much we can trust what Odesnik is saying. He's lied so many times I'm surprised he can keep his answers straight.

    After all, Odesnik claims that he never purchased HGH from anyone in his life yet we know that is a lie. Then where did he get the HGH he was caught with in Australia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This guy is hilarious. If anyone finds a video link to this press conference, please post it -- hopefully I wont rupture my spleen laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something very, very dark and dirty going on here. There's no way that this many top players losing/withdrawing this early in the tournament is just coincidence. NO WAY. Are they being tipped off? How would this work? Or is there some sort of agreement made, like "Lose in this round, and you won't be tested". Either way, I'm predicting this is the year Murray wins it all - with a little help, of course, but they will let him get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Federer gone too, but credit to Stakhovsky. I am sorry to the poster of this entry to hijack a very interesting continuation of the Odesnik scenario, but today has been the single craziest series of defeats/withdrawals I have seen at a Grand Slam tennis tournament. The etcher might as well inscribe Serena's name on the trophy now - Azarenka, Sharapova, Errani, Wozniacki all out.

      Something crazy is going on.

      Back on topic, the transcript is really interesting. As pleased as I am that Odesnik has 'co-operated', he sure isn't doing himself any favours...

      Delete
    2. Wow, what a day! Federer is my favorite player and I am shocked by his loss, but I think upsets are good for tennis. I am glad to see lower ranked players step up and play well in key moments of the match without choking. I wish court conditions elsewhere also provided similar opportunities for upsets. I am so tired of seeing the same few players winning slams again and again.

      Delete
  4. What is significant here, I think, is that it indicates the ITF as adopting more of an intelligence-based approach. However, whether they are doing this to catch dopers or to warn players off generally, remain moot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Moot" is surely the key-word as far as any (non-)actions of the ITF concerning doping are concerned.

      Delete
  5. There is hope in Spain....

    http://espn.go.com/sports/endurance/story/_/id/9421105/spanish-court-investigates-lance-armstrong-support-network

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Don´t be deluded. The only thing they are doing here in Spain is propaganda, while going on and on with the cover up policy. This Ana Muñoz is just another politician. If not a minister, she´ll surely be in charge of any Ant Counting Agency or Secretary for the Protection of Overused Floor Tiles in Public Buildings in a few years´ time. Listening to her here (http://www.jornadasantidopaje.com/) was quite telling. There was shortage of time for Sandro Donati´s intervention, but no limitations for her self-promoting never-ending speeches.

      One good thing from Spain: www.ciclismo2005.com. Full of coverage news and comments pointing at doping, not only in cycling.

      Delete
  6. What strikes me as interesting is how tame the questions are for him. It is as if no one in the room has done anything more than 10 seconds worth of preparation.

    ReplyDelete